Friday, August 12, 2011

Let's Discuss... The Stupid School Board

Okay, so I was just watching the news when a story about a substitute teacher who recently got fired from her job because she allegedly struck a student. I am enraged. This woman has been working with that school system for a very long time and she had a good reputation, and yet on the first accusation of abuse from a trouble-making student, she gets the boot. If this girl didn't like this teacher, she could've easily made up the story, already had a bruise on her arm (we're kids, we get bruises all the time), and gotten this innocent teacher in trouble. The saddest part of this is that most people think that kids these days would be above getting an authority figure they didn't like fired, but they're really not. Kids these days have been jaded to how much an action like this could affect the victim's life, and even if they do realize how much this could hurt the teacher, sometimes they don't even care.

Now I'm not saying that this child is a horrible, heartless person; nor am I saying that this teacher is definitely innocent. I don't know for sure, I wasn't there, so how could I be. This is just my perception of how things usually go, and I find it infuriating about how such a little thing can make someone's life come crashing down on them.

If the teacher is found to be innocent, I believe that she should receive a public apology, her job reinstated, and another news story put out into the public restoring her reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment